The Nominating Committee is made up of the 2nd Vice-President and two appointees, and is responsible for managing the process of nominations for the Society's:
- Board of Directors
- National Secretary (Recorder)
- Appointed Officers
- Journal Editor
- Observer's Calendar Editor
- Observer's Handbook Editor
- the eBulletin Editor
- Honorary Members
- Honorary President
The Nomination period for each elected office is set annually by the Committee and advertised in Society publications and on this website.
The Nominating Committee shall consist of the 2nd Vice-President and up to four members, plus the Society President ex officio.
The Nominating Committee shall
- prepare a list of one or more candidates for each Annual General Meeting. This list shall be presented to the Secretary of the Society at least sixty days before the AGM.
- make nominations to the Council for Honorary Members of the Society from time to time, supporting every nomination with a written statement citing the nominee's noteworthy contributions to astronomy, and
- have such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board.
To reach the committee you may e-mail the Nominating Committee Chair.
Committee Members - Effective May 2016
- Robyn Foret (Calgary), Chair
- Eric Briggs (Toronto)
- Peter Jedicke (London)
- *Renata Koziol (Office Administrator)
- *Randy Attwood (Executive Director)
- Craig Levine, President ex officio (London)
* = non-voting