Founded in 1868, The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada is Canada's leading astronomy organization, bringing together over 4,900 enthusiastic amateurs, educators, and professionals. In addition to many national services, our 28 Centres offer local programs across Canada.
The RASC Vision To be Canada's premiere organization of amateur and professional astronomers, promoting Astronomy to all.
The RASC Mission To enhance understanding of and inspire curiosity about the Universe, through public outreach, education, and support for astronomical research.
The RASC Values
- Sharing knowledge and experience
- Collaboration and fellowship
- Enrichment of our community through diversity
- Discovery through the scientific method
- to stimulate interest and to promote and increase knowledge in astronomy and related sciences;
- to acquire and maintain equipment, libraries and other property necessary for the pursuit of its aims;
- to publish journals, books and other material containing information on the progress of astronomy and the work of the Society;
- to receive and administer gifts, donations and bequests from members of the Society and others;
- to make contributions and render assistance to individuals and institutions engaged in the study and advancement of astronomy.