- Are you a school teacher or an educator working with youth groups?
- You would like to organize astronomy activities but you don’t know where to start?
- You want to feel more comfortable teaching this science?
There is a solution! Discover the Universe is a training program offered by Canadian astronomers to help teachers and educators share this fascinating science. All activities and resources are offered online and are free! We offer two types of training:
- Workshops for teachers: Based on school curriculum and include activities to do in class, teaching resources and tips on how to teach astronomy in a fun and innovative way.
- Workshops for informal educators: An emphasis on learning the night sky and on activities that can easily be done outside with little material.
How does it work?
Our online workshops are conducted once a week, over a period of four to six weeks. We will meet online for a one hour webinar where your astronomy education professional will present information and where participants can interact through the chat. This webinar is always recorded for those who cannot join live. Participants also have some activities to do at their own pace throughout the workshop. All our workshops are also offered in French.
From time to time, we also offer special one-time presentations on specific astronomical topics, delivered by expert guest astronomers. All our workshops are also offered in French.
Check out our English and French websites here: