The 2015/2016 Board
(including the Society Office staff, and the former owner of SkyNews):
Back Row: Dr. Chris Gainor, Robyn Foret, Dr. Randy Boddam, Randy Attwood.
Middle Row: Denis Gey, Colin Haig, Julia Neeser, Craig Levine.
Front Row: Heather Laird, Renata Koziol, Terry Dickinson, James Edgar.
(Missing: Dr. Karen Finstad)
Photo: Paul Evans
Board Members - Effective 2015 July 1
- James Edgar (Regina), President
- Dr. Chris Gainor (Victoria), 1st Vice-President
- Robyn Foret (Calgary), 2nd Vice-President
- Denis Grey (Toronto), Treasurer
- Dr. Karen Finstad (Ottawa), National Secretary
- Dr. Randy Boddam (Belleville), Director
- Colin Haig (Hamilton), Director of Communications
- Heather Laird (Calgary), Director
- Craig Levine (London), Director
- Randy Attwood (Mississauga), Executive Director
To reach the Board you may contact the President.
The Board of Directors is made up of nine directors who are normally elected for three-year terms by members of the Society. The Board appoints from within its ranks five officers as follows:
- 1st Vice-President (Chair, Publications Committee; Chair, Constitution Committee)
- 2nd Vice-President (Chair Nominating Committee)
- National Secretary
- Treasurer (Chair, Finance Committee)
The Board also includes four Directors at large and the Executive Director of the Society (ex-officio).
The Board is the Society's management team, with input from the National Council.
- The Board shall consist of the elected Directors of the Society, who will appoint from their members the President, Vice-Presidents, National Secretary, and Treasurer.
- The Board shall transact the routine business of the Society and shall transact such business as requires immediate action.
- The Board shall appoint or dismiss, and shall fix the remuneration and benefits to be paid to, the employees of the Society.
- Meetings of the Board shall be called by the President, at the request of any member of the Board, or when the business of the Society requires such meeting. The President shall make every reasonable effort to ensure that every member of the Board is informed of the time, location, and purpose of each meeting of the Board, as far in advance of its occurrence as possible.
- Actions taken and decisions made by the Board are reported at National Council meetings.