The RASC supports programs that further the interests of our members and support astronomy in Canada. Current programs include:
- a variety of national e-mail discussion groups that allow members to exchange ideas and information on specific topics;
- the annual General Assembly of the RASC held in a different city across Canada each year where RASC members gather for lectures, events and fellowship;
- the Light Pollution Abatement Committee runs the national Light Pollution Abatement Program;
- two series of public lectures that are open to the public and held across Canada in conjunction with the RASC General Assembly;
- National Archives housing the Society's collection of rare books and journals along with a reference library.
In addition to the programs sponsored by the National Society there are many local programs that are offered and managed by member Centres of the Society.