The Education Committee was established in 2003 and serves RASC members, Centres and the general public. Its mandate is to help promote knowledge and understanding of astronomy in general and Canadian astronomy in particular to Canadians.
As a Committee of the National Council, the Education Committee is made up of a minimum of five members of the RASC, however, all RASC members are encouraged to participate in the work of this committee and its activities. The Public Education section of this website is devoted to their activities.
The Education Committee shall consist of at least three and not more than five members of the Society.
The Education Committee shall:
- promote astronomy education within the Society and throughout the country;
- report to Council on matters of importance relating to astronomy education in Canada; and
- have such other duties as may be prescribed by the Council.
To reach the committee you may e-mail the Education Committee Chair.
Committee Members - Effective July 2012
- Ron Macnaughton (Toronto) Chair
- Robyn Foret (Calgary)
- Howard Gibbins (Edmonton)
- Marc Keelan-Bishop (Belleville)
- Andrea Misner (Winnipeg)
- Glenn Hawley (Calgary, ex-officio)