The Constitution Committee is a committee of the Society that is responsible for managing changes to the Society's Constitution (By-Law #1) and making recommendations for improving the overall governance of the Society. It also advises the National Council on proposed changes to Centre constitutions. The Constitution Committee maintains the Sample Centre Bylaws which outline a recommended constitution for RASC Centres that is consistent with the Society's By-Law.
- The Constitution Committee shall consist of up to eight members of the Society, one of whom shall be the First Vice-President.
- The Constitution Committee shall:
- review the Constitution of the Society and advise the Council respecting amendments to and consolidation thereof,
- review and advise the Council respecting the articles of incorporation or other charter, and the By-Laws of Centres, both proposed and existing, and proposed amendments to and consolidation thereof,
- review and advise the Council respecting all other constitutional affairs of the Society and of the Centres, and
- have such other duties as may be prescribed by the Council.
To reach the committee you may e-mail the Constitution Committee Chair.
Committee Members - Effective May 2016
- Dr. Chris Gainor (1st Vice President, Victoria), Chair
- Jim Gorkoff (Saskatoon)
- Dr. Jim Hesser (Victoria)
- Don Town (Belleville)
- Craig Levine ex officio (President, London)
- *Randy Attwood (Executive Director)
* = non-voting member