- Update the Society's bylaws and separate them into "bylaws" and "policy". The policy framework will be managed by the Society's National Council while the bylaw framework would managed by the membership as a whole.
- Update the Sample Centre Bylaws to bring them into compliance with recent changes to the Society's bylaws and also to ensure that they are renewed at the same time as the National Constitution.
- Legal expertise and/or board level experience with the Society or other non-profit boards
- Attention to detail and ability to research constitutional issues with the Canada Revenue Agency and Corporations Canada
- Willingness to travel to Centres to help promote the bylaw renewal project (Winter and Spring 2010)
The current Constitution Committee has members from Eastern Canada, Ontario and Quebec. Volunteers from other parts of the country, particularly Western Canada and British Columbia are particularly encouraged to apply.
Most committee work will be conducted by e-mail with the occasional conference call. Committee members will be asked to help draft documents and review proposals from other members. Expect about 2-5 hours per month work with time off for Christmas.
Helping the Society with this project will make the management of the Society easier for years to come. To find out more or to apply, please contact the Constitution Committee Chair, Denis Grey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|See how much fun you can have as part of a Constitution Committee!|