The following list of recommended links provides additional information on comets and comet observing:
- International Comet Quarterly (ICQ) - The quintessential comet Web site with all the basic information on all currently observable comets, including lots of other important comet information.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Ephemeris Generator - A great place to acquire ephemeris data in order to plot the position of any known object in the Solar System onto a star atlas or suitable star chart. Can be tailored to any observing location.
- Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams - This is the organization that issues bulletins about new astronomical discoveries and they also post requests for further observations of new or known objects.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Near Earth Object program (NEO) - Another excellent resource which provides coordinates to locate small interplanetary bodies in the night sky at your observing location. Includes visual orbital projections of small bodies in our Solar System. An interesting Web site.
- Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers (Comets Section) - ALPO is a renowned organization that specializes in the observation of Solar System objects. Founded in the early 20th century, ALPO accepts observations from all over the world.
- British Astronomical Association (Comets Section) - The British Astronomical Association has a Comets Section that contains information about the work that they are doing and links to the people coordinating it. The BAA also features several other observing sections that you are welcome to visit.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory Comets Page - This site contains very good information about upcoming or currently visible comets. It also contains links to a wide variety of astronomical information and details about spacecraft missions throughout the Solar System.
- Seasky - This is a colourful site suitable for young people or adults. It has nice graphics and good information. The asteroids and comets page is just one of many featured astronomical categories that you can enjoy.
- Astronomy Notes - Astronomy Notes is a good comet information Web site and features some good images and graphics. The site also contains information about other astronomical categories.