The wait is over.
Whether you're an amateur stargazer or a professional astronomer, the 2013 Observer's Handbook and Calendar have something for everyone. Limited quantities of both products are available, so place your order today!
OBSERVER’S HANDBOOK 2013
$27.95 plus S&H and applicable taxes
Free PC Planetarium Software in every book!
Published by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada since 1907, this 300+ page guide is internationally recognized as the finest annual compendium of astronomical highlights and detailed information for the year.The Observer’s Handbook is the must-have resource for advanced amateur and professional astronomers. The material in the Handbook is of interest to professional and amateur astronomers, scientists, teachers at all levels, students, science writers, campers, Scout and Guide leaders, as well as interested general readers
This year's Handbook details these upcoming astronomical events:
- times of sunrise and sunset
- moonrise and moonset (for latitudes 20 to 60 degrees N)
- Moon phases and other lunar phenomenon
- conjunctions, elongations, etc. of the planets
- eclipses and transits
- location of the planets and bright asteroids
- returns of periodic comets
- times of meteor showers
- predictions of occultations by the Moon and by asteroids
- the orbital positions of the brighter satellites of both Jupiter and Saturn
- predictions of the cycles of many variable stars
OBSERVER’S CALENDAR 2013
$17.95 plus S&H and applicable taxes
The Observer’s Calendar features spectacular astro-images taken by amateur astronomers. Produced each year by volunteers, and designed with the every level of observer in mind, the RASC Calendar is a winner of 5 printing awards of excellence for its graphical quality and design.
This year's Calendar features
- Colour wall calendar that opens to 19" x 12"
- Features photos taken by amateur astronomers, digitally formed using the latest techniques
- Photographic-quality, high-resolution printing on top-quality paper
- Includes historical anniversaries, birth dates, and literary quotations of astronomical relevance
- Monthly grids include a host of astronomical information such as planetary and lunar conjunctions and phenomenon, eclipses, major meteor showers, daily Moon phases, and Moon/Sun rise/set times
- Daily lunar graphics showing libration
- Rise/set times and other astronomical predictions are applicable to all of North America
- Canadian and U.S. holidays are included