Members on dial-up Internet will be pleased to know that a new version of Adobe software allows us to substantially reduce the file size of this and subsequent Journals. All back issues in the 2007 and 2008 archives have already been reduced, and others will receive the same size reduction soon.
See below for highlights of the current issue.
Go to: http://www.rasc.ca/journal/currentissue.shtml (See the email coming to your inbox for the username/password.)
James Edgar Journal Production Manager
Get the newest issue of our flagship publication!
- New Constraints on the Asteroid 298 Baptistina, the Alleged Family Member of the K/T Impactor
- Long Secondary Periods in Pulsating Red Supergiant Stars
- Shakespeare and Elizabethan Telescopy
- Construction of a 16th-Century Telescope:An Experiment in the History of Astronomy
- Calculating Meteoroid Orbits: Part II: Three Dimensions
- An Interview with Longtime RASC Member Larry Wood
All your favourite regular columns, plus some new ones:
- Pen & Pixel
- On Another Wavelength: The Rosette Nebula
- Astronomical Art and Artifact: A Tale of Two Globes
- Second Light: A Blast From the Past
- Through My Eyepiece: Stargazing
- Carpe Umbram: A Mockultation and a Miss
- A Moment With...Dr. Chris Jillings
- Gizmos: Mystery and Magnificence
And the usual extras:
- News Notes
- Society News
- New Banners for Winnipeg Centre