The on-line version (in Adobe Acrobat PDF format) of the August 2009 issue of the RASC Journal is now available in full-colour, high-resolution format (5.4 MB), plus a low-resolution version (2.5 MB) for those members on dial-up service.
To access the current issues of the Journal, login at the portal https://secure.rasc.ca.
Then select "Journal Access"
Use the login details found there and coming to you by email announcement.
Journal Production Manager
August 2009 Issue Contents - table des matières
Feature Articles/Articles de Fond
- Astronomical Observations by Peter Fidler and Others in “Canada” 1790-1820 by Peter Broughton
- Buzzard Coulee - An Amateur Search Effort by Murray D. Paulson
- Running Large-Scale Astronomy Events on the Web by G. Tulloch, P. Trudel, and M. Simmons
- On Another Wavelength: M27 - A Bipolar Planetary Nebula by David Garner
Pen and Pixel: Noctilucent Clouds/Veil Nebula/ Elephant Trunk Nebula/Mare Serenitatis
by David Roles/Stef Cancelli & Paul Mortfield/Pierre Tremblay/Mike Wirths
- Through My Eyepiece: Titan's Shadow by Geoff Gaherty
- Quick Picks for Observing by Kim Hay
- A Moment With...Dr. Peter Martin by Phil Mozel
- Astronomical Art & Artifact: Alfred Russel Wallace and the RASC by R.A. Rosenfeld
- Second Light: Intermediate-Mass Black Holes by Leslie J. Sage
- Orbital Oddities: Delight(s) of Day, Part 2 by Bruce McCurdy
- Gizmos: Springwater Observatory - The Floor by Don Van Akker
- Letters to the Editor
- News Notes/En manchettes
- Best-selling Theoretical Physicist and Cosmologist Gives Prestigious Public Lecture
- Saint Mary’s University - First Ph.D. & 2009 Plaskett Medal
- CASCA Presents First Peter G. Martin Award
- Celebration of Canadian Astronauts
- François Arago, un savant généreux. Physique et astronomie au XiX siècle
- Alien Volcanoes
- To a Distant Day: The Rocket Pioneers
- Society News by James Edgar
- Astrocryptic Answers by Curt Nason