Observer's Handbook Supplements
108th Edition, Edited by David M.F. Chapman
This is the supplements page for the Observer’s Handbook, one of Canada's oldest scientific publications. This page lists resources related to the Handbook; the following supplements are available (these are the property of the RASC; copying is forbidden without express written consent):
- Coloured Double Stars
- Dark Nebulae information, observation reports, charts, and images of each object.
- Finest NGC listed numerically
- Sample observing form (As noted in the article The Observing Logbook)
- A full-colour version of the original b&w "The Black-Drop Effect during the Transit of Venus on June 8, 2004,” by Duval et al., JRASC 99, 170–176 (2005), for the ADS version, use tinyurl.com/5r8fln6
- Magnitude and Contrast Calculator (click to open)
- Noctilucent Clouds (click to open)
- Of interest to Jupiter watchers, Occulting pairs and Eclipsing pairs of Galilean Satellites.
- Michael Boschat's primer on Radio Detection of Meteors
- An extended table of the Brightest Stars from p. 275 of the 2017 Handbook.
|Coloured Double Star Supplement||299.59 KB|
|Glossary (PDF)||177.56 KB|
|Mars Map - No Labels (JPG)||301.02 KB|
|Mars Map with Labels (JPG)||376.95 KB|
|Mutual Galilean Satellite Events 2015 (PDF)||134.84 KB|
|OH Mag & Contrast Calculator 2015 (XLSX)||14.18 KB|
|Noctilucent Clouds||1.19 MB|
|Algol Minima predictions 2017||194.29 KB|
|NLC Report Form - fillable||76.49 KB|
|This is the extended table mentioned on p. 275 of the 2017 Handbook.||240.22 KB|