Honoured guests at the unveiling of the historic plaque marking the location of Ontario’s first observatory: Dr. John Downie, Dean of the Department of Applied Sciences of Queen’s University; Dr. A. Vibert Douglas, Founder and Honorary President of the Kingston Centre and Past President (1943–1944) of the R.A.S.C.; and Professor Victor Hughes of the Department of Physics of Queen’s University. Photo by Leo Enright.
(1894-1988) Professor of Astronomy and Dean of Women at Queen's University (1939-63). She studied Physics under Sir Arthur Eddington and later wrote his biography. President of the Society (1943-44) and founder of the RASC Kingston Centre in 1961.