The RASC's main website at www.rasc.ca is now back on-line with a new look and feel. The biggest change that members will notice is that members-only content is now protected by a personalized username and password. This is the same password that you use on the Society's secure web portal at https://secure.rasc.ca. Here's what's new at www.rasc.ca:
- Entirely new look and feel for the National website with improved graphics and multi-browser support
- Much easier maintenance capabilities with "Surf to Edit" features available on every page for authorized users
- New "superfish" menus allows for more content to be directly accessible and free up sidebar space
- Members will be able to manage their subscriptions to National mailing lists using their personal accounts
- The National eNews service has moved to a new fully RSS (Really > Simple Syndication) basis
- Members will be able to post Personal Astronomy Blogs and share their stories and photos on the national website
The RASC webteam has worked for over a year on bringing this new and improved website to you and we hope you enjoy it. The Society is now using a well-supported open source platform (Drupal 6) which will allow us to further expand the capabilities of the National website in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns then use the handy "Contact Us" link and share your issues with the RASC webteam. If you have never used your RASC login and password before then be sure to visit https://secure.rasc.ca first to reset your password.
Clear skies, RASC Webteam