The RASC National LPA Committee supports local initiatives with the distribution of information and presentation materials. These are in the form of printed booklets, information sheets and a slide set to complement a formal presentation on light pollution abatement.
The Edmonton-based, Alberta Dark Sky Association (ADSA) has developed a number booklets and brochures on several topics that help explain the benefits of better lighting policies and provide ideas on how to improve private and municipal lighting practice.
These are provided freely for download so that you may print off as many as you feel you need for meetings and outreach activities.
The following presentation sets have been prepared for use in locally for audiences interested in Light Pollution Abatement.
- Slide set A -Full PPT presentation(24 slides, 5.5 meg)
- Slide set A- Individual Slides
|Slide Number||Slide Number||Slide Number|
|Slide 001||Slide 009||Slide 017|
|Slide 002||Slide 010||Slide 018|
|Slide 003||Slide 011||Slide 019|
|Slide 004||Slide 012||Slide 020|
|Slide 005||Slide 013||Slide 021|
|Slide 006||Slide 014||Slide 022|
|Slide 007||Slide 015||Slide 023|
|Slide 008||Slide 016||Slide 024|
A complete booklet with references to a selection of images in the above slide set has been prepared to assist in local LPA Programs. References to specific jurisdictions have been removed so users should fill in local information prior to its printing and use. It is available on-line as an html document or, you may down load the MS-WORD 6.0 file. We suggest you speak to local suppliers and use the the most recent prices for fixtures.
Other Publications and Reports
Canadian and RASC Reports
- Ministry of Natural Resources Letter from April 25, 2007
- Light Pollution in Southern Ontario by Richard Berry (from the RASC Journal, June, 1976)
- Fighting Light Pollution in the Ottawa Area - The Results by Robert Dick and Arnie Weeks (from the RASC Journal, August, 1997)
- Fighting Light Pollution in the Ottawa Area - Technical Elements by Robert Dick and Arnie Weeks (from the RASC Journal, October, 1997)
- A Simple Computer Model for the Growth of Light Pollution by Robert Pike, (from the RASC Journal, June, 1976)
- Light Polution Preferences & Definitions by Jim Ronback
The following links are non-RASC publications that are of particularly useful.
|International Defence of the Quality of the Night Sky and the Right to Observe Stars (April 2007)|
- The Contribution of Street Lighting to Light Pollution, P. Hiscock, S. Guðmundsson
- [A letter from the International Darksky Association] by Dave Crawford, (July, 2000)
- Light Energy Loss and its Application to Estimate a Global Energy Usage by Syuzo Isobe
- International Dark Sky Association (USA)
- Campaign for Dark Skies UK)
- Association Nationale pour la Protection du Ciel Nocturne (France)
- Illumination Engineering Society of North America