The Membership and Promotion (MAP) Committee was founded in 1993, when it was recognized that the Society needed to actively manage and promote membership and enhance its services to members. Today the MAP Committee is responsible or partly responsible for the Society's:
- Promotional items program which helps sell RASC merchandise to members, Centres, and the general public;
- eStore presence on the web;
- eNews service for members;
- Membership statistics and tracking;
- Graphical identity manual for the Society;
- Membership Surveys;
- National Brochure; and
- Volunteer Register
Members in good standing with skills in graphic design, Web site techniques, and other talents are encouraged to join the MAP committee and contribute to the RASC. To find out more contact the MAP Committee Chair.
The Membership and Promotion Committee shall consist of at least three and not more than five members of the Society.
The Membership and Promotion Committee shall:
- recommend to Council and implement measures to maintain and to increase the membership of the Society,
- promote public awareness of and the reputation of the Society,
- consider and recommend to Council, as may be desirable from time to time, measures to enhance and make more effective the Society's services to its members, and
- have such other duties as may be prescribed by the Council.
To reach the committee you may e-mail the Membership and Promotion Committee Chair.
Committee Members - Effective July 2012
- Roland Dechesne (Calgary) Chair
- Mark Eburne (Vancouver)
- Doug Thorp (Calgary)
- Colin Haig (Hamilton)
- Ron Macnaughton (Toronto)
- Katrina Ince-Lum (Toronto)
- *Deborah Thompson (Toronto), Executive Director
- Glenn Hawley (Calgary, ex officio)
* = Non-voting member