The Executive Committee is made up of the following officers who are directly elected by members of the Society:
- President (Member ex-officio of all committees)
- 1st Vice-President (Chair, Publications Committee; Member, Constitution Committee)
- 2nd Vice-President (Member, Finance Committee)
- National Secretary
- Treasurer (Chair, Finance Committee)
- Executive Director
The 2012/2013 RASC Executive
The Executive Committee acts as the Society's management team and acts in the name of the Society between meetings of the National Council.
- The Executive Committee shall consist of the elected officers of the Society (President, Vice-Presidents, National Secretary, Treasurer).
- The Executive Committee shall transact the routine business of the Society when the Council is not meeting and shall transact such business as requires immediate action.
- The Executive Committee shall appoint or dismiss, and shall fix the remuneration and benefits to be paid to, the employees of the Society.
- Meetings of the Executive Committee shall be called by the President at the request of any member of the Committee or when the business of the Society requires such meeting. The President shall make every reasonable effort to ensure that every member of the Executive Committee is informed of the time, location and purpose of each meeting of the Executive Committee, as far in advance of its occurrence as possible.
- All actions taken and decisions made by the Executive Committee shall be reported by the President at the next meeting of the Council.
To reach the Executive Committee you may contact the President.
Committee Members - Effective July 2010
- Glenn Hawley (Calgary), President
- Colin Haig (Hamilton), 1st Vice-President
- Chris Gainor (Victoria), 2nd Vice-President
- Denis Grey (Toronto), Treasurer
- James Edgar (Regina), National Secretary
- Deborah Thompson (Toronto), Executive Director