The Board of Directors is made up of nine directors who are normally elected for three-year terms by members of the Society. The Board appoints from within its ranks five officers as follows:
- 1st Vice-President (Chair, Publications Committee; Chair, Constitution Committee)
- 2nd Vice-President (Chair Nominating Committee)
- National Secretary
- Treasurer (Chair, Finance Committee)
The Board also includes four Directors at large and the Executive Director of the Society (ex-officio).
The 2013/2014 RASC Board of Directors (missing Paul Gray and Francois van Heerden)
The Board is the Society's management team, with input from the National Advisory Council.
- The Board shall consist of the elected Directors of the Society, who will appoint from their members the President, Vice-Presidents, National Secretary, and Treasurer.
- The Board shall transact the routine business of the Society and shall transact such business as requires immediate action.
- The Board shall appoint or dismiss, and shall fix the remuneration and benefits to be paid to, the employees of the Society.
- Meetings of the Board shall be called by the President at the request of any member of the Committee or when the business of the Society requires such meeting. The President shall make every reasonable effort to ensure that every member of the Board is informed of the time, location and purpose of each meeting of the Board, as far in advance of its occurrence as possible.
- All actions taken and decisions made by the Board shall be reported by the President at the next meeting of the National Advisory Council.
To reach the Board you may contact the President.
Board Members - Effective 2013 June 30
- Glenn Hawley (Calgary), President
- Colin Haig (Hamilton), 1st Vice-President
- Chris Gainor (Victoria), 2nd Vice-President
- Denis Grey (Toronto), Treasurer
- James Edgar (Regina), National Secretary
- Paul Gray (Halifax), Director
- Paul Schumacher (Victoria), Director
- Francois van Heerden (Toronto), Director
- Deborah Thompson (Toronto), Executive Director (Ex-officio)
Note there is presently one vacancy on the Board.
|Board of Directors 2013-2014||386.77 KB|